Vegetable weight loss is based on consuming low-calorie foods that can be consumed in large quantities. This nutritional system provides the body with essential vitamins, minerals and fiber. Plant diets vary in length and route. But it is not recommended to sit on it for more than a month - it can harm your health.
The Basics To Lose Weight In Vegetables
The diet is based on replacing high-calorie foods with low-calorie foods. The diet of those who are losing weight changes completely. Carbohydrates are occupied by sweet vegetables, and fats are replaced by high-fiber foods. This method of nutrition reduces weight, heals the body.
Losing weight quickly with vegetables won't work. The final result depends on the person's age, starting weight and level of physical activity. Affects the outcome and duration of the diet:
- 3 days - 1. 5-2 kg;
- 7 days - 3-5 kg;
- 14 days - 5-7 kg;
- 30 days - 7-10 kg.
Weight loss occurs due to the beneficial properties of vegetables:
- removal of excess fluid;
- decreased appetite;
- cleansing of toxins and toxins;
- burning body fat;
- acceleration of metabolism.
Vegetable Diet Rules
Weight loss will be successful if you follow the dietary rules:
- Eat up to 1, 5 kg of vegetables a day. Of this amount, half is consumed fresh. Boil the rest, cook or bake.
- Add frozen or canned vegetables to your diet if they do not contain harmful food additives.
- Control the energy value of the daily diet - 1200 kcal for women, 1800 kcal for men.
- Eat food at the same time 4-5 times a day. Serving size - 250-300 g.
- Provide a variety of diets - eat a variety of vegetables.
- Use lemon juice, low-fat yogurt, apple cider vinegar or olive oil for salad dressings.
- Note the level of water consumed - 8 to 10 glasses. Sugar-free green tea is allowed.
- Include 2 times a week low-fat dairy products - kefir, whey, yogurt, hard cheese.
- Exercise in the morning, walk or run more.
- Replace table salt with sea salt.
- Try to go to bed before 11pm. Sleep should be 1/3 of the day.
- Avoid stress or anxiety to eliminate the risk of breakdown.
Replacing high calorie foods with low calorie foods
Many vegetables are natural fat burners. Eat fewer calories to lose weight than your body uses. At the same time, the amount of food doesn't decrease - you can eat more, but fewer calories. Dietary fiber and water from vegetables will keep you from hunger until your next meal. A good solution is to cook your favorite meals with low-calorie ingredients.
Think ahead to all meals with different replacement options. This will make it easier to control calories and avoid overeating. It is important to consume each dietary product at the time of day when the food you eat will provide the most benefit.
The morning diet should be nutritious - 300-400 kcal. If you're low on calories at breakfast, you won't have enough energy until lunch. If you eat high calorie foods - the person will feel tired because the body digests high energy foods for a long time.
Nutritionist recommendations for replacing high-calorie foods:
- Reduce the amount of oatmeal for breakfast, substituting half the portion for tomatoes or cucumbers.
- Swap 1 egg from your morning meal for lettuce or spinach.
- Eat 2 slices of cheese instead of 1, replacing the second with mushrooms.
Lunch accounts for 45% of the daily amount of calories. Diet Replacement Tips:
- Place a slice of tomato or cucumber instead of meat or cheese on the sandwich. This will reduce the caloric content of the dish and the amount of food will remain the same.
- Boil the soup with beans, carrots or broccoli. Replace the pasta and broth with vegetables.
- Eat boiled zucchini or eggplant instead of half a portion of noodles.
Dinner is the easiest. It should be easy to digest, providing satiety until morning. Tips for replacing products:
- Use roasted asparagus and peppers as a side dish instead of starchy potatoes.
- Design the dinner menu so that 60-70% of the serving is vegetables, leafy vegetables.
- Eat 50 grams of spinach 2 hours before bedtime. This will reduce hunger, burn calories while sleeping.
Vegetable snacks up to 100 calories
You can reduce weight with snacks. They should consist of low-calorie vegetables:
- olives- contains iron and vitamin E, which improves the condition of the skin, prevents its aging. There are only 68 kcal in 20 olives, they saturate the stomach well.
- cooked soy- have an ideal balance of fats, carbohydrates and proteins. 50 g of cooked young beans contain 72 kcal. This amount is enough for an appetizing snack that will help you lose weight, prevent vascular and heart disease.
- steamed broccoli- refers to low-calorie snacks - 27 kcal / 100 g To enhance the flavor, sprinkle with paprika on the broccoli.
- Roasted Bulgarian Pepper- considered a dietary snack - 36 kcal / 100 g. This snack will eliminate the craving for sweets due to the carbohydrate content in pepper.
- Pumpkin puree- suitable for pre-lunch and afternoon snack. The dish contains only 68 kcal / 200 g.
- Tomato juice- refers to tasty and healthy snacks - 50 kcal per 1 cup. It is not recommended to add salt to the drink.
- homemade popcorn- based on corn with the addition of grated cheese. Caloric content 100 g - 70 kcal.
The best vegetables to lose weight
Almost all vegetables contribute to weight loss. It all depends on how they are prepared and consumed. Best Diet Vegetables:
- Cabbage- white, colored and broccoli help to lose weight. All varieties contain phytochemicals that eliminate body fat. Cauliflower relieves bloating during a vegetable diet.
- Carrot- contains 17 kcal in 1 medium root. Carrots speed up metabolism. Eat it raw to clear toxins from the intestines.
- Cucumber- Consists of water, does not contain fats and carbohydrates. The energy value of 100 g of the vegetable is 13 kcal, which makes it ideal for weight loss, even when preserved.
- celery- differs in different caloric content in the root - 70 kcal, in leaves - 6 kcal. Celery juice mixed with apple juice cleanses the body of toxins if you drink it in the morning on an empty stomach.
- mushrooms- it is better to use mushrooms for a diet. Its caloric content depends on the cooking method. 100 g of cooked mushrooms - 54 kcal, roasted - 30 kcal, steamed - 27 kcal. Replace mushrooms with meat, eggs and cheese.
- chili- activates fat metabolism, burns calories. There are only 8 kcal in 1 pod. Chile eliminates sweet and savory cravings. Regular consumption of pepper prevents diabetes, obesity.
- salad leaves- contain only 15 kcal / 100 g, add the leaves to the meat, digestion will be easier and fat will not be deposited in the stomach.
- Garlic- speeds up metabolism, digestion. 1 clove contains 7 kcal. Add garlic to salads, cottage cheese, or sandwiches.
- Zucchini- contains a lot of fiber, which reduces your appetite. 100 g of a vegetable contains 15 kcal. Add raw zucchini to salads, bake.
Foods prohibited during the diet
For weight loss during a strict vegetable diet, it is prohibited to use:
- flour-based products except whole rye bread;
- fatty meats and fish;
- vegetable and animal fats - 2 tablespoons are allowed. me. sunflower or olive oil daily;
- Whole milk, cream, sour cream;
- fruits, sugar, honey and other sweets;
- fast food, canned food, pickles and smoked meats;
- mayonnaise, greasy sauces, starch;
- salt more than 5 g per day;
- alcohol, sweet soda, coffee, jams, juices.
Benefits of eating vegetables
Losing weight on a plant-based diet has many benefits:
- The ability to eat almost all vegetables. The diet only limits the consumption of potatoes and corn because they are high in calories.
- Fiber content. Vegetables and vegetables contain more than other products. Dietary fiber improves the functioning of the digestive system, speeds up metabolism and removes harmful substances.
- Compilation of varied menu. Vegetables can be used to make delicious salads, soups, snacks and sandwiches.
- Consume large amounts of food. On a vegetable diet, it's impossible to get hungry - you can eat too much and often.
- Lack of carbohydrates. Vegetable salads, juices do not overload the liver, are easily digested, give strength.
- The fat content is minimal. Promotes weight loss, prevents the development of cardiovascular disease.
- Lack of tyrosine. This amino acid causes the production of substances that increase blood pressure.
- Cancer Prevention. Vegetables contain phytoestrogens and selenium, which prevent the development of malignant tumors.
The vegetable diet also has some disadvantages. They are associated with health risks during weight loss:
- Nutrient deficiency. Vegetables contain very little protein, fat, so the diet is prohibited for teenagers, pregnant women and nursing mothers.
- Immunity issues. Long-term diets are not suitable for older people, those with weakened immune systems. Eating vegetables alone does not protect the body from infections or viruses.
- Indigestion. Raw vegetables are harsh foods that cause bloating and intestinal problems in people with gastrointestinal problems.
- Change of diet. A sudden change in eating patterns can aggravate chronic illnesses.